Friday, November 11, 2011

Orange and Lemon Surprise

1 pkg. lemon pie filling- not instant
eggs
1 pkg. orange jello
1/2 pt. whipping cream
1 can mand. oranges
1 small banana

Cook pie filling as directed on package.
Mix jello as on package minus 1/4 c. water;
Pour jello slowly into pie filling, stirring as you pour.
Let set.
When set, whip cream, add drained Mandarin oranges and cubed banana to cream.
May add nuts.
Makes a very small salad. You may want to double.

You can also add the bananas and oranges into the Jello.

Grand daughter Shelese lived off this recipe at Utah State pretty much :)
An old roommate even emailed and asked me for this recipe recently.
I remember telling Grandma how much I loved it and that I would make it pretty much every time I had guests over at college and it would get rave reviews. I sort of thought Grandma would be flattered that I used her recipe and that so many of my friends liked it... but she didn't even look up from the counter where she was chopping something and she said with a smirk "Shelese, sounds like you need to branch out". 
Ha, I love that story. I truly did (and still do) need to branch out more in my cooking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment